Do you want the best kind of pipes as fluid carrier? Do you want the best chain of water supplier? With the variety of options available in pipes it is very much possible to get your lifeline through the best carrier.
Significance of strong and durable pipes
Water is considered to be the life blood of mankind and the pipes are indispensable when it comes to water supply. Water supply is the vital most part in a civilization. It keeps every factory, business and home working. Government every year spend a considerable amount of money to keep up the water distribution system. Government is spending a lot of money in designing and installing new water distribution system and upgrade the existing one. So, the pipes involved in such a critical task have to be strong both in structure and quality wise. It should be durable, highly capable of carrying the fluid so that it is safe to use.
Types of Pipes Available in the Market
Pipes are available in variety of sizes and types and are classified into three types. The three different types are:
- Metallic Pipes: it is again classified into three types. The first one being CI (cast-iron) pipes and these pipes are extensively used in water supply. As they are heavy so are capable of taking huge amount of external load. The next one being steel pipes which are generally used for long distance pipelines of high pressure. They are ideal options for wielding. The third one being GI or galvanised iron pipes which is also an excellent option for carrying water.
- Cement pipes: cement pipes are better than metallic pipes as they are corrosion resistant but it is bulkier and costlier in lay out. Asbestos cement pipes is the latest discovery in this field and they are not that heavy as compared to the traditional ones and are economical
- Plastic pipes: PVC pipes are light weight and strong and are used for piping water. Its light weight enables transportation in large sections which means less investment.
Variety of GI Pipes Available in Kolkata
GI pipes are of three types based on their weight and diameter. The first being the lighter ones which are narrow in gauge. The second one is a little heavier than the former. The third one being the heaviest and has the maximum diameter among the three.
Source & Citation:-
- Living with and Maintaining Cast Iron Pipes (rotorooter.com)
- The 6 Different Types Of Pipes Involved In Plumbing (plumbingandheatingblog.wordpress.com)
- Great Tips And Tricks For Plumbing Fixes (automaticpools.wordpress.com)